This is cool :) before I download it, will this work for games made using RPG maker? For example: RPG Maker MV, and VX Ace?
A downloadable Program for Windows
Ever wanted to implement dialog trees in your game, like Fallout: New Vegas, Mass Effect, and ShadowRun? Well, now you can! TalkTree allows you to create complex dialog trees for story- driven games, RPGs, and more. Using a simple, easy to understand flowchart- style design, the editor allows you to make every conversation in your game work detailed and fucntional. Immerse your player in a realistic environment with believable, dynamic characters. Use skill checks and event triggers to blend player stats and speech!
TalkTree works as a standalone program which saves dialog trees in .INI files for use with Game Maker Studio!
- Unlimited paths, up to 25 answers for each question
- Skill checks which only allow the player to choose certain dialog options if they have certain stats
- Variable triggers: modify variables based on which answer the player chooses!
- Compatibility with your own dialog system: The saved file simply stores information about the dialog tree, how you read it and display it on screen is fully customizable!
- Single file saving - You can store hundreds of conversations in a single dialog.INI file!
In order to download this Program you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
TalkTree is built to export dialog trees as data grids stored in INI files. As far as I know, RPG Maker is too limited to read these.
It's not necessarily that RPG Maker doesn't read INI files, but the ds_maps it writes are only easily decoded by Game Maker (and as far as I know there isn't much out there on the Internet on decoding them yourself).
TalkTree is a new program built from the ground up with new functionality and professional quality. This program is not associated with the original 2014 Dialog Tree Editor, so you'll have to purchase it separately.
hi, I think it is an incredible solution, was watching the demo and are not completely understood how is structured data, you think I can see the PDF beforebuy?, to see if it fits what I need. thank you.
hi! i can't manage to save files at all with this program, even when i run it as admin.